- Passive acceptance of the teacher's wisdom is easy to most boys and girls. It involves no effort of independent thought, and seems rational because the teacher knows more than his pupils; it is moreover the way to win the favour of the teacher unless he is a very exceptional man. Yet the habit of passive acceptance is a disastrous one in later life. It causes man to seek and to accept a leader, and to accept as a leader whoever is established in that position.
- The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
- To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
- Too little liberty brings stagnation and too much brings chaos.
- Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
- Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.
25 julio 2006
Bertrand Russell Sapiens
"Death is an illusion which matter is constantly trying to prove real". Prem Baba En algun punto de la vida, la pregunta l...
Recien llego al trabajo, abro email, diarios y leo que murio Spinetta. No soy muy de conmoverme por la muerte de artistas o personajes p ú ...
Hoy me vino el recuerdo de un pensamiento angustiante que tuve... hace 10 años . Ya DIEZ años pasaron y yo sigo tan joven como siempre, que ...